Seasonal Landscaping Vacancy
Ride on Mower Driver / Landscape Operative.
We are looking for a professional and competent driver to carry out grass cutting operations to the high standards required for parks and open spaces. Mainly required to operate a ride on mower, you will not be limited to grass cutting as duties will also include, strimming, hedge cutting, weeding, spraying and other responsibilities as listed below.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
To carry out your allocated work to the highest standard and to the satisfaction of clients. Work must be completed in an efficient and timely manner and will include duties such as:
- Cutting of grass with a ride on cylinder mower, ride on rotary and push mower (dependent on location) and tidying area after.
- Strimming of open spaces, gardens and grassed areas.
- Weed spraying with appropriate chemicals (where qualified)
- Litter picking grassed areas before cutting grass.
- Emptying of litter / bins
- Cutting of hedges, weeding and pruning shrubs when required.
- Minor Tree Works
- Leaf Collection
- Sweeping of paths, leaving area clean and tidy.
- Marking/over marking of sports pitches when required
- Cleaning of all tools and equipment after use.
- Various grounds maintenance tasks.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time
- You will be mainly working in a team of two but may on occasions work alone or in larger teams, dependent upon the task to be carried out.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Use and maintenance of ride – on cylinder and rotary mowers
- Including setting blades and cut heights as required
- Hard working with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Self motivated and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Good communicator and listener.
- Work on own initiative.
- The ability to deal with a range of customers, as well as to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Full UK Driving licence (C1+E)
- Chainsaw certificate from recognised training provider NPTC.
- Spraying certificates PA1 and PA6 or equivalent.
- Garden machinery knowledge to include fault diagnosis and ability to carry out minor repairs.
- Understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to adhere to procedures
- Good Organisation skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to use Innovative whilst working alone
- Flexible and versatile approach to work
- Team player
Minimum hours of work are 8am to 4pm, working Mon - Fri with the opportunity for overtime on Saturdays.
Salary- Rate of pay will depend on experience
If your experience match our requirements we will welcome your application. Please email a copy of your CV to address provided. email@example.com
Job Type: Seasonal to end of October 2018
- Ground maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- License or certification:
- Driving License (Required)